New Health & Safety Rules at the King Eddy
Dear friends of the King Eddy,
As per the City of Calgary’s Vaccine Passport Bylaw that was announced on September 23, 2021, all visitors to the King Eddy (aged 12 and over) will have to show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or proof that they have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to visit the Eddy. Guests will also need to bring government issued photo ID that matches the name of the health records.
VALID METHODS OF PROOF FOR ENTRY
- Proof of vaccination. Full vaccination includes two doses of any of the Health Canada approved vaccines.
- Single dose accepted between September 20 and October 25 if received two weeks before time of service.
- Double doses required after October 25.
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
- Proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not accepted).
What form of documentation do you accept?
- Photo or scanned copy of your paper record from your pharmacy or doctor.
- Screenshot of Alberta MyHealth Records from the website (Please note: the App version does not currently show a person’s name with the vaccination information).
- Printed copy of the record.
- Future options of vaccine passports/or similar with a “show and go” format if they become available.
Some people may be exempt from the bylaw and proof of vaccination requirement, including:
- Those born after 2009 (i.e.. children under 12). Children not yet eligible for vaccination as visitors shall have access to the Eddy only if accompanied by a parent/guardian who has provided proof of being fully vaccinated.
- Those with proof of medical exemption.
- Those with proof of religious exemption.
As vaccination status is considered personal information, King Eddy management respects the privacy of our staff, artists, and patrons and will not be keeping personal health information on file once it is provided.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY AT KING EDDY
- Mandatory masks worn by all staff, more frequent hand washing protocols, and rigorous cleaning standards.
- Hand sanitizer stations for guests upon entry.
Thank you for your support throughout the pandemic, and allowing us to continue our legacy as a cornerstone of music, community, and culture.
The King Eddy Team