King Eddy is hiring a Greeter / Security / Bar Back
Join the team at the King Eddy.
Location: King Eddy Live Music Limited, Calgary
Reporting to: General Manager
The King Eddy is looking for a multi-talented individual to act as a Greeter / Security / Bar Back on our busy show nights.
About the King Eddy
As a cornerstone of the National Music Centre development, the rich civic and musical history of the King Edward Hotel spanned more than 100 years in Calgary and is the primary reason that NMC chose to construct Studio Bell on its current site in Calgary’s East Village. The hotel was one of the first built in Calgary along 9 Avenue in 1905, and throughout its history, was a home and destination for travelers, settlers, musicians, music fans, and citizens from all walks of life. From the early 1980s until it closed in 2003, the “Eddy” had a respected local, national and international reputation for great live music and was affectionately known as “Calgary’s Home of the Blues.” This legacy of great live music and atmosphere in an authentic setting contributed to the Eddy being recognized as an important piece of Calgary’s music history, which continues to this day.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
KELM believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Greeter/Security Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and assist all patrons, treating them as welcome guests. Act as first point of contact for all patrons by greeting them and showing them to a table.
- Use Open Table and Showpass apps to assign guests to tables and scan tickets.
- Respectfully refuse admittance to intoxicated clientele.
- Control line ups and ensure a clear exit for departing guests.
- Complete and maintain proper capacity counts as set forth by the AHS, AGLC, Calgary Fire Department and Calgary City Policy and inform management of counts throughout evening.
- Maintain entrance cleanliness, ensuring safe accessibility of the venue.
- Assist fellow staff members when required (a full description of the Bar Back duties is listed below).
- Monitor customers to ensure their safety and the safety of the King Eddy staff and property.
- Assist in closing procedures and informing patrons of last call, ensuring all guests have left the building.
- Ensure that no customer leaves with King Eddy property or beverages.
- Extend a “Thank You” and assist departing guests with arranging for transportation or locating their friends and belongings, as necessary.
Bar Back Duties and Responsibilities
Your role is to ensure the bartenders have everything they need during service to keep things running smoothly. Tasks will include:
- Stocking beer fridges
- Cutting fruit garnishes
- Organize recycling
- Cleaning behind the bar
- Stocking ice
- Changing kegs (weighing up to 130 lb.)
- Delivering food from the kitchen to patrons seated at the bar
- Clearing empty plates from bar to kitchen
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- Previous Door / Security / Bar Back experience is considered an asset.
- ProServe and ProTect Certificates are required but can be obtained within 30 days of starting.
- Personable and assertive individual interested in gaining hospitality experience.
- Strong communication skills and out-going personality with ability to establish and develop relationships with both guests and employees.
- Strong team player, punctual for shifts and reliable to execute work as assigned.
- Ability to fluently communicate in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, control, and composure in difficult and stressful situations.
- Be comfortable working in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver items weighing up to 130 lb.
- Be over 18 and available to work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Personable, level-headed, upbeat, and confident individual with a problem-solving mindset.
- Team player with great multitasking skills and eager to learn.
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail and exceptional time management.
- Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative, and is proactive.Leads by example with a positive attitude and a welcoming demeanor.
- Flexible: must be willing to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays based on the business needs.
If you think you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you! Qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com with the job title indicated in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.