King Eddy is hiring a Sous-Chef (full-time)
Join the team at the King Eddy.
Location: King Eddy Live Music Limited, Calgary
Reporting to: Executive Chef
Built in 1905, “The Eddy” has a long standing tradition in offering guests exceptional experiences through offering high quality local products, unique food & beverage offerings and exceptional live music. We are looking for an experienced Sous-Chef to coach, inspire and lead our BOH team as we enter the next phase of the King Eddy’s evolution.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
KELM believes in the power and importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head Chef in managing the kitchen operations and ensuring smooth workflow
- Oversee food preparation, including cooking, plating, and presentation
- Collaborate with the culinary team to create new and innovative dishes
- Maintain high standards of food quality, taste, and consistency
- Ensure compliance with food safety and sanitation regulations
- Manage inventory and control food costs
- Train and mentor kitchen staff on proper cooking techniques and safety procedures
- Assist in scheduling and supervising kitchen staff
- Collaborate with front-of-house staff to ensure excellent customer service
- Journeyman or Red Seal certification required.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Proven experience as a Sous Chef or similar role in a fast-paced restaurant environment
- Strong knowledge of food handling, preparation, and cooking techniques
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and industry trends
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Experience in high volume catering and banquet events would be a definite asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced physical working environment with walking, stair climbing, bending, reaching, lifting (up to 50 pounds with assistance) required
- “First aid” certificate an asset
If you are passionate about creating exceptional culinary experiences, have a strong background in the food industry, and possess excellent leadership skills, we would love to hear from you. Join our team as a Sous Chef and help us deliver outstanding dining experiences to our guests.
- General Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Executive Chef
- Secretary Treasurer
- Events Coordinator
- NMC Café Manager
- Full benefits
- Close proximity to Arts and Entertainment of the East Village
- Live Music Experience
- Discounted Food and Beverage Off Shift
If you think you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you! Qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 31, 2024 with the job title indicated in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.