Cooks and Dishwashers
King Eddy Live Music Venue, Restaurant, and Bar
438 9 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0R9
The King Eddy (the “Eddy”) is hiring Cook and Dishwasher positions to work collaboratively with the Eddy General Manager and Kitchen Manager to operate the Eddy as a live music venue, restaurant, and bar. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with hospitality and restaurant experience, specifically in a fast-paced kitchen environment, and with a keen love of music. Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, these staff are hourly positions on the King Eddy team. The successful candidates must be able to work various hours with a flexible schedule.
About the King Eddy
As a cornerstone of the National Music Centre development, the rich civic and musical history of the King Edward Hotel spanned more than 100 years in Calgary and is the primary reason that NMC chose to construct Studio Bell on its current site in Calgary’s East Village. The hotel was one of the first built in Calgary along 9 Avenue in 1905, and throughout its history, was a home and destination for travelers, settlers, musicians, music fans, and citizens from all walks of life. From the early 1980s until it closed in 2003, the “Eddy” had a respected local, national and international reputation for great live music and was affectionately known as “Calgary’s Home of the Blues.” This legacy of great live music and atmosphere in an authentic setting contributed to the Eddy being recognized as an important piece of Calgary’s music history, which continues to this day.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver daily restaurant kitchen operations with a focus on flawless execution and providing an outstanding dining experience for our patrons.
- Ensuring proper execution of all food handling procedures and recipes.
- Keeping a clean and tidy workspace, exceeding Health Code standards.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to push, pull, lift, carry 50 lbs.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume restaurant.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to Diana Nacita, Kitchen Manager at email@example.com on or before Tuesday, August 31, 2018.
Please ensure that your full name is in the file name (ex: Smith_John_cover_letter_resume) and that the position you are applying for is included in your email.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Position to start immediately.