King Eddy now hiring a Sales and Event Coordinator (Part-Time)
Join the team at the King Eddy.
King Eddy Live Music Venue, Restaurant, and Bar
438 9 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0R9
About the King Eddy
As a cornerstone of the National Music Centre development, the rich civic and musical history of the King Edward Hotel spanned more than 100 years in Calgary and is the primary reason that NMC chose to construct Studio Bell on its current site in Calgary’s East Village. The hotel was one of the first built in Calgary along 9 Avenue in 1905, and throughout its history, was a home and destination for travelers, settlers, musicians, music fans, and citizens from all walks of life. From the early 1980s until it closed in 2003, the “Eddy” had a respected local, national and international reputation for great live music and was affectionately known as “Calgary’s Home of the Blues.” This legacy of great live music and atmosphere in an authentic setting contributed to the Eddy being recognized as an important piece of Calgary’s music history, which continues to this day.
Reporting to: General Manager, King Eddy
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planer to initiate sales, produce events from conception through to completion including catering. Sales & Event coordinator responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Initiate sales calls with prospective clients
- Responding to incoming queries regarding venue rentals and following-up on client leads
- Assisting in the development and delivery of marketing materials to promote venue rentals
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to General Manager, and Directors as requested
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decoration, food and beverage rentals, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Coordinating contracts, invoicing and collecting final payment with the Finance department
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities with General Manager in a timely fashion
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize events if necessary
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes to General Manager
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events, catering);
- Excellent time management and communication skills;
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships;
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently;
- MS Office and Excel proficiency;
- Willing to submit references from previous clients;
- Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Minimum 2 years in hospitality and event related industry
- General Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Talent Buyer
- Part-time King Eddy employees
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 31, 2019 with the job title indicated in the subject line of the email.
Please ensure that your full name is in the file name (ex. Smith_Jane_cover_letter_resume) and the subject line of your email is: Sales & Event Coordinator.