Benevolent Artists National Charity (BANC) at the King Eddy
Benevolent Artists National Charity (BANC) is again bringing a dozen of the world’s best rock ‘n’ roll, blues, and country players to our fine city of Calgary. On October 14, they’ll perform at the legendary King Eddy in support of the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Tickets are available for standing room only.
BANC is simply a group of like-minded artists, brought together from all over the world of music by their love of great music and their passion for giving back to those in need. BANC has raised over 5 million dollars since 2015 and has been dedicated to raising funds through their music performances to support community initiatives of all kinds. Lots of added BANC information and a list of our chosen charities over the years reside at thebanc.ca for your perusal. For the 2023 concert series, BANC will perform in both Edmonton and Calgary in support of the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation.
BANC has graced the stages of multiple iconic venues such as Whiskey a Go Go and the Ryman Auditorium. Their efforts have contributed to shaping the state-of-the-art National Music Centre facilities in Calgary, AB, and BANC has also partnered with many charities, including Little Warriors, The Brandon Flock Foundation, Alberta Cancer Foundation, Hollow Bone Healing Lodge, MusiCares, Y.E.S.S, Calgary Youth Police Foundation, Emmylou Harris’ initiative Bonaparte’s Retreat, Impact Society, and The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund.
BANC will be featuring the following artists at the King Eddy on October 14:
- Jim Carter (co-founder/vocalist): the man behind the band, Jim is a vocalist and philanthropist. His dream of melding music and charity came together when creating banc.
- Ellis Hall (vocals/keys): Ellis is a jack of all instruments. Mentored by Ray Charles, he has shared the stage with giants such as James Taylor, Natalie Cole and Patti Labelle.
- Chris Donohue (bass): a nashville-based producer, and platinum-selling songwriter that has recorded and performed with artists such as Tom Jones, Dave Mathews and Emmylou Harris
- Bryan Owings (drums): currently touring with Emmylou Harris, Bryan recorded and shared the stage with countless music legends including Patty Griffin, Tony Joe White and Robert Plant.
- Will Kimbrough (guitar): he has spent a lifetime writing songs and performing them. Also a producer, working with names such as Buffet and Emmylou Harris’ Red Dirt Boys.
- Johnny A (guitar/vocals): a solo career earned Johnny a Grammy award nomination and a spot in the revered Boston Music Hall Fame. Also playing lead guitar with the Yardbirds.
- Marc Clark (vocals/bass): is an English musician, bass player and singer, best known for his work with Colosseum and Mountain, as well as playing with Rainbow and Uriah Heep.
- Erin Carter (vocals): actress and filmmaker by trade, Erin got her start as a singer in musical theatre, and had her first foray into rock with BANC. Starring currently in a musical in Montreal.
- Laura Donohue (vocals): is a Nashville-based professional vocalist and vocal coach to such artists as Amy Grant, Ronnie Milsap, and Lynda Carter. Touring vocalist with BANC.
- Leighala Hall (vocals): Leighala is a noted talent manager, and performer. She has shared the stage with many well-known recording artists, which includes the legendary Ellis Hall.
- Rhonda Funk (vocals): accomplished solo vocalist, named JSSA 2022 USA Entertainer of the Year, Rhonda was also nominated 2022 USA Female Songwriter of the Year.